Bachelor of Telecoms and Networking
Specialized in Cyber SecurityNew Program
1. Program Overview
The bachelor program in cybersecurity are established for specialization and application of practical technology studies. This is based on the industry’s need to have a balance of applied skills and disciplines in both technical domains of research and practical knowledge in the workplace. Moreover, we will integrate the international certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security, Information Systems Auditor, Information Security Manager, Security, and Ethical Hacker.
2. Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the students will be able to:
- Understand the breadth and scope of security issues on personal, corporate, national, and global levels
- Apply the technical strategies, tools, and techniques to secure data and information for a client or customer.
- Research in both established venues and innovative applications to expand the body of knowledge in cybersecurity.
- Apply critical thinking to creatively and systematically solve the problems and meet the challenges of the ever-changing environments of cybersecurity.
- Perform system hardening, vulnerability testing, and forensic investigation procedures.
- Move into leadership roles in companies, agencies, divisions, and departments.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage networks security, projects, and work readiness skills.
3. Future Careers
Graduates will be ready to work in roles such as:
- Cyber Crime Analyst and Investigator
- Incident Analyst and Responder
- IT Auditor
- Penetration Tester and Vulnerability Assessment
4. Program Structure
|Term 1||Term 2|
|– Linear Algebra||– Discrete Mathematics|
|– IT Essential||– Advance Programming|
|– Interpersonal Development & Critical Thinking||– Information Literacy|
|– Computer Programming Fundamentals||– Introduction to networks/CCNA 1|
|– Visual Art||– Probability & Statistics|
|– Seminar on Emerging Technologies||– Seminar on Emerging Technologies|
|Term 3||Term 4|
|– Math for Engineering||– Digital Electronics & IoT|
|– Basic Electronics||– Analog & Digital Communication|
|– Switching, Routing, and Wireless
Essentials (SRWE)/CCNA 2
|– Enterprise Networking, Security
and Automation (ENSA)/CCNA 3
|– Essentials (SRWE)/CCNA 2||– Wireless Communication|
|– Objected-Oriented Programming||– Seminar|
|Term 5||Term 6||Term 7|
|– Secure Programming||– Cryptography & Data Compression||– Internship I|
|– Cloud Computing||– Ethical Hacking & Countermeasures/CEH|
|– Cyber Security||– Network Security / Managing Secure
Network Systems / CND
|– Career Preparation||– Research Methodology|
|– Capstone Project I||– Seminar|
|Term 8||Term 9||Term 10|
|– Entrepreneurship||– Digital Forensics/CHFI||– Internship II|
|– Designing and Implementing Cloud Security||– Incident Handling and Response
|– Web & Mobile Application Security||– Information Systems Security
|– Security Analysis and Vulnerability
Assessment / ECSA
|– Project Management
|– Seminar||– Seminar|