Bachelor of Telecoms and Networking
Specialized in Telecoms & Networking
1. Program Overview
The bachelor’s program in Telecoms and Networking is designed to provide students with a firmly-grounded, practical, and multidisciplinary training with effective learning resources. Students will be trained to take exams in various international certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CCNDA, CCNA Security, and CCNA Service Provider. The program also equips students with workforce readiness skills and builds a foundation for success in telecoms-and-networking-related careers for local and international job markets. In each term, students will learn both practical skills including technology concepts, and soft skills such as communication and problem-solving with the support of interactive media to apply and practice this knowledge through a series of hands-on and simulated activities that reinforce their learning.
2. Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the students will be able to:
- Describe electronic devices, circuits, equipment, and systems.
- Interpret mathematical problems in the Telecommunication Technologies and Service Engineering area.
- Classify telecommunication standards and regulations in Cambodia
- Apply programming languages into simulated and remote network systems, distributed services, and applications.
- Design computer network and transmission systems.
- Diagram the computer network system and information in a robust, safe, and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate ability to manage telecoms and computer network projects, and work readiness skills.
3. Future Careers
Graduates will be ready to work in roles such as:
- Network and Infrastructure Engineer
- Technical and Marketing Sale Specialist
- Network and Information Security Specialist
- Entrepreneur in The Telecommunications and Networking Industry
- Radio Engineer (Planning and Optimization)
- Core Network Engineer
4. Program Structure
|Term 1||Term 2|
|– Linear Algebra||– Discrete Mathematics|
|– IT Essential||– Advance Programming|
|– Interpersonal Development & Critical Thinking||– Information Literacy|
|– Computer Programming Fundamentals||– Introduction to networks/CCNA 1|
|– Visual Art||– Probability & Statistics|
|– Seminar on Emerging Technologies||– Seminar on Emerging Technologies|
|Term 3||Term 4|
|– Math for Engineering||– Digital Electronics & IoT|
|– Basic Electronics||– Analog & Digital Communication|
|– Switching, Routing, and Wireless
Essentials (SRWE)/CCNA 2
|– Enterprise Networking, Security
and Automation (ENSA)/CCNA 3
|– Essentials (SRWE)/CCNA 2||– Wireless Communication|
|– Objected-Oriented Programming||– Seminar|
|Term 5||Term 6||Term 7|
|– Data Communications||– Cryptography and Data Compression||– Internship I|
|– Cloud Computing||– Mobile Telecommunications|
|– Cyber Security||– Network Security|
|– Career Preparation||– Research Methodology|
|– Capstone Project I||– Seminar|
|Term 8||Term 9||Term 10|
|– Entrepreneurship||– Entrepreneurship||– Internship II|
|– Service Provider Network||– Network Design and Implementation
|– Wireless Communications||– Optical Communication
|– Packet Switched Core Network||– Project Management
|– Seminar||– Seminar|